Jacksonville Short Sales Lawyer
Review Your Foreclosure Defense Options Today
Are you behind on your mortgage and facing foreclosure? If you are no longer able to make payments on your home, you might be able to satisfy your debt by agreeing with your lender to sell the property for a lesser amount than you owe, known as a “short sale.” At Albaugh Law Firm, our Jacksonville short sale lawyers have extensive experience helping homeowners negotiate short sales and can provide the reliable legal guidance you need to protect your financial standing.
How Can a Short Sale Help Me?
Unlike a foreclosure in which your home is taken from you, a short sale allows you to be in control by selling your home and then giving the proceeds to your lender. While by definition, a short sale means that the sale price will not be enough to cover your mortgage, in many cases, creditors will forgive this deficiency since a short sale is quicker and will often allow them to recover more than they would through foreclosure. Our attorneys can help you negotiate with your lender and maximize your chances of securing the favorable outcome you need.
Short sales can often provide the following benefits:
- They can protect your credit against the impact of foreclosure
- They can potentially help you eliminate thousands of dollars of debt
- They can help preserve the property values of nearby homes
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Short Sale?
A short sale is a real estate transaction, so do you really need help from an attorney? Can you just rely on a real estate agent? While a real estate agent can help you finalize the sale, a real estate agent cannot help you at all with the legal side of things. Only licensed attorneys are allowed to dispense legal advice and represent you in legal matters.
A short sale involves more than just the sale of property. You are seeking to reduce your debt via legal negotiations with a creditor and to protect your finances during and after the sale. Your short sale attorney can help you in a variety of ways that a real estate agent cannot, including the following:
- Protect your other assets from attachment
- Negotiate a release of your debt even if the sale proceeds do not reach the total outstanding amount
- Push back against pressure from the bank to make additional seller contributions on top of a sale
- Make sure that the bank releases you from personal liability after a short sale (avoiding wage garnishment or other future collection efforts)
- Keep creditors in line throughout the negotiation and sale process
Why Albaugh Law Firm Is Right for You
Reasons to trust our team of debt defense attorneys include:
- 10.0 “Superb” Rating on Avvo for client satisfaction
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 inclusion
- Highly recommended by past clients
- Proven history of successful results
Do not delay – contact our firm online or by telephone today to review your legal options.
Take the First Step Towards Financial Freedom
At Albaugh Law Firm, our Jacksonville bankruptcy lawyers understand that even the most financially careful individuals can fall on hard times and run into debt troubles. From negotiating a short sale of your property to filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, we can help you find a debt-relief option that fits your needs. With personalized attention, customized solutions, and an unshakable commitment to protecting your rights as a consumer, our knowledgeable attorneys can provide the firm support you need to conquer your debt.
Call a Short Sale and Foreclosure Defense Lawyer in Jacksonville Today
If you are behind on your mortgage and looking for financial relief, we are here to offer the seasoned help you need. The short sale attorneys at Albaugh Law Firm will evaluate your circumstances and needs, and we will work with you to chart out a path toward financial relief. Our goal is to give our clients the economic freedom that they deserve. Contact Albaugh Law Firm today for a free consultation with a Jacksonville debt relief lawyer by calling 904-471-3434.